IT Services Guides
Monday,30.11.-1 ( 2 views )Web design process includes lots of different skills and disciplines in the production and maintenance of the websites. The several areas of web design include interface design, web graphic design, authoring, proprietary software, search engine optimization and user experience design.
Often lots of individuals will work in different teams that cover different angles of the design process but some designers will give all cover
The term web design is generally used to describe the design process that relates to the front-end design of any website and it includes writing mark up process as well.
- Web design process somewhat goes beyond web engineering in the broader scope of web development
- Web designers are expected to have an understanding and if their role includes making mark up then they are also supposed to be up-to-date with web accessory guidelines
Growth of web design
In 1996, the first competitive browser was released by Microsoft and that was completed with its own features and tags. It was the first browser to support style sheets that was seen as an ambiguous authoring method. The HTML markup for the tables was originally intended to show the tabular data. Although designers fast realized the potential of using HTML tables to make the complex, multi common layouts that were not possible otherwise. At this time, as design and good aesthetics seemed to take precedence over good mark-up structure and little attention was paid to web aesthetics and semantics.
Limit of HTML sites
Limit of HTML sites exists in the design choices even more with the earlier versions of HTML.
- To make complex designs many web designers used complicated table structure or even they used blank spacer GIF to prevent empty table cells from collapsing
- CSS was introduced in December 1996 by the W3C to support presentation and layout.This way web accessibility is improved
Tools and technologies
A variety of different tools are used by the web designers and it depends on the part of the production process in which they are involved in. These tools are updated over time by the new standards and software but the basic principle is the same. Web graphic designers use vector and raster graphics packages to make web formatted images or designs. Standardized mark-up technology is used to make websites and this can be hand-coded or produced by some editing software.
Some proprietary software is based on plug-ins that can bypass the browser versions of the clients.These are often WYSIWYG but you will have the choices to use the scripting language of the software.
- Search engine optimization tools are used to examine the search engine ranking and also suggest for some improvements or development
- Other tools web designers may apply mark up validators and other testing tools for the usability and accessibility to make certain that their websites meet web accessibility principles.
Skills and systems:
Marketing and communication design Marketing and communication design on a website might detect that can perform for the target market. This can be an age group or any specific culture therefore the designer might get the trends of the audience. Designers might also understand the type of the website that are designed by them and it means that B2B (Business-to-Business). The website design of B2B may differ huge from a consumer targeted website like a retail or entertainment website. Careful consideration might be made to guarantee that the visuals or overall design of any website that do not class with clarity and accuracy of the content or the convenience of web navigation and it is in case of a B2B website. The reputation of the owner or business is also a conservable factor for the designers and the website is showing to ensure that they are designed favorably.
User understanding of the content of any website depends on how the website is working.This is part of the user experience design.
- User experience is connected with the design, clear instructions and labeling on a website.
- Interactive design of the website denotes how well the user can understand their interactive capacity on the website.
- If the user distinguishes the usefulness of a website they are supposed to continue with the website.
- Skilled and well versed users may get a more unique, less intuitive or less friendly website interface.
- Less experienced users are reluctant to see the benefit or usefulness of a less intuitive interface of any website.
- This controls the trend for the more universal experience of the users and it makes easy accessibility to accommodate many users regardless of their skill and performance.
- Much of the user experience design and interactive design are measured in the user interface design Web design process can make a website more appealing and skilled user can get attracted to an appealing website.